Twende Magadi Entry Form 2018
Walk Dates: 1st September – 2nd September 2018
By submitting an Entry Form to take part in Kusoma Tu Trust’s 100km Twende Magadi (“the event”), you:
1) Understand that participating in the Event in Kenya, is inherently dangerous and carries with it particular risks. Such risks include the possibility of encountering wild animals and those arising from hiking long distance over rugged terrain and at high altitude. Dehydration is a particular danger.
2) Are in good health and not suffering from any medical condition, which might prevent you from or impede you in completing the Event successfully.
3) Acknowledge that the event is organised and promoted by Kusoma Tu Trust which is a charitable trust and that the purpose of the event is to raise funds to develop and publish a phonic and sensory based literacy scheme within the African context.
4) Agree that you undertake the event entirely at your own risk and will not hold Kusoma Tu Trust responsible for any accident, injury, damage to, or loss of personal property during the event or in preparation for it.
5) Understand that the event involves sustained physical exercise in a remote area, and may involve walking/ running at night over rugged terrain, and that you are responsible for your own fitness and health to take part in the event, and have consulted a doctor about your participation if you have a medical condition likely to be affected by the above.
6) Understand that the trail will include several road crossings and extended sections along a road and that all normal road rules apply.
7) Understand that all team members must be 18 years or over on 1st September 2018 to be eligible to take part in the event.
8) Agree to adhere to the rules of the event.
9) Agree that Kusoma Tu Trust reserves the right to close or alter stages and/or checkpoint closure times for safety or any other reasons. Checkpoint times have been calculated based on teams completing the event between 30-36 hours. If teams are faster, there may be reduced resources available.
10) Understand that the route shown on promotional material may be subject to change and that Kusoma Tu Trust may need to cancel, postpone, halt, delay, abridge, re-route or otherwise alter the event in response to hazards including but not limited to natural disaster, fire, flood or any unforeseen incident. In such instances, you will be given as much notice as possible and any necessary alterations will attempt to preserve the nature of the event as much as possible.
11) Agree that at any time before or during the event Kusoma Tu Trust reserves the right to withdraw a team or individual from the event.
12) Agree to pay a registration fee of Ksh 1000 where you get a T-shirt and walking band and a standard entry fee of Ksh 9,000 (total ksh 10,000).
13) Acknowledge that by raising funds for Kusoma Tu Trust, you are placing yourself in a position of substantial trust and that you have a moral and legal obligation to acquit the funds you raise and temporarily hold in trust for the charity accurately, honestly, responsibly and in a timely manner.
14) Agree to ensure that all your sponsors understand that their sponsorship donation is in support of your team’s attempt at, rather than completion of, the Kusoma Tu Trust 100km Twende Magadi.
15) Agree that images, video and interview material taken at the event or uploaded to teams’ online fundraising pages may be used by Kusoma Tu Trust in future promotions.
Kindly make your payments and donations via MPESA Till no:- 739864.
To make a payment:
- Select MPESA
- Select Lipa na M-PESA
- Buy Goods and Services
- Enter till number: 739864
- Enter Your Donation Amount
- Enter Your MPESA PIN
- Confirm Your Payment
- Wait For the Confirmation SMS
Thank you for supporting Kusoma Tu and making a difference in the life of a young person who is struggling to read.